THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Old Crushes die hard

An old friend, that I had a crush on in high school (we almost dated), wrote me an email explaining that he thinks back on me fondly and that I was a fork in his life.

 

He explained that he had asked a magic 8-ball whether or not to pursue me and it told him “no.”

 

He said that he thinks back and wonders where he would be in his life had it said “yes.”

 

Well other than the fact that this is a dumb excuse, I found myself kinda mad. I would have loved to have dated him and I believe that it would have been a great relationship, but do I have a right to be mad?  I may have been married to him and never met my 3 boys.  Babe may not have had the income to raise the boys and he may never have gotten them.  He or they may have been homeless, but would I care?  Would I know?  Would I be happy?

 

I am happy with Babe, but I am not a romantic in the fact that I do not believe in soul mates?

 

Do I, knowing that I am happy now, have any right to be mad that instead of a great High School sweetheart, I was stuck with an abusive jerk (that’s a whole n’other blog)?

 

Life does move on, but that whole if thing drives me nuts!!!  I am glad that everything worked out the way it did, but maybe I could have been happy in high school?

 

Well, I am over it; me and my friend are actually talking for the first time in 10 years…no worries even if I wonder what would have happened I love my dysfunctional family.

 


0 comments: