THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Officially Official

Sugar asked me if he could call me mom, tonight.  It was just me, him and Teddy Bear, watching National Treasure.  Then he popped out with “Since Dad is Dad and you are the other one can I call you Mom?”



As you may have read, he has done it before but it was always when he wanted something or when he was describing me to someone else as in “that’s my ___”.  But never specific and most of the time just a reaction.




This usually only happened when other kids were around their moms and I just figured it was ‘cause he was uncomfortable that his wasn’t around.  I mean let’s face it kids do not usually end up with their father’s, so all the other kids at the park are usually with their moms.




All of this has kinda been happening over the past two months.  The first time he even slightly uttered the word in my direction was September 19th.  I love my boys; Teddy Bear excepted me a lot sooner, so I guess this mile marker is special.  Teddy Bear needed a Mommy, but Sugar never seemed to; so I know that he wants me to be his mommy.



That makes me feel very special.

0 comments: