THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 29, 2008

Well, we’ll be drinking

I was trying to make plans for New Years Eve.  We'd had the boys for the last 3 years and although it is always fun to keep kids up past their bedtime and scream at midnight, so on and so forth, I emailed the M-Word to see if she could take a break from her busy schedule to take the boys.
She ignored it.
This in mind, I new that my sister would be having a get together, so I called her up.  I asked her if it would be kid friendly and she informed me that she would have to talk to Beer Delivery Guy (her wonderful fiancé).
When I talked to her again, I was told that Beer Delivery Guy felt that since there would be drinking it would not be a good idea.
This would not be a big deal, but that was the same reason he had for not letting the boys come to their house warming party.
My sister does not drink and Beer Delivery Guy is not an alcoholic, but he is a social drinker (the guy has a kegerator in the kitchen).  All get-togethers at their house involve drinking, which is fine.  None of the adults get belligerent, they don't start falling down, or any other thing children should be shielded from.
I guess I am just a little hurt, because I want the boys to have a relationship with my sister.  I always loved my hip young aunt (my sister is not hip, but really neither was my aunt).
I just know that my sister is like me the more the merrier no matter what their age; I am really trying to not be mad at Beer Delivery Guy.  He is a great person, but come on you are going to be their uncle soon!
P.S. I understand that I am being slightly unreasonable but I don't care!!!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't know that I agree that you're being unreasonable. I think BDG needs to chill on the drinking front. I don't mean that he needs to drink less, but he needs to chill on worrying about the kids being around it. It's not inappropriate for kids to witness adults having adult beverages. It's inappropriate if the adults become inappropriate after having adult beverages. If no one is being stupid or falling down, then there's no reason not to have the kids there.